Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Woo Hoo Wednesday: I have a new book!

A big thanks to the amazing Darian Wilk for introducing me to the idea of Woo Hoo Wednesday.  It's a weekly opportunity to take the time to celebrate the goodness in life, an idea that I really love.  I have a habit of being a stress bunny, so it's a good thing for me to stop and think for a few minutes about the things I'm excited about and grateful for.  Feel free to chime in with your own weekly celebrations!


(By the way, if you haven't watched The Legend of Korra, do eeet!)

My biggest Woo Hoo is reserved for my new book, Creators, which is a young adult post-apocalyptic novella.  Ever since I published the first, I've been dying to get another one published, so I am really excited that I met that goal.

My second Woo Hoo is for the fact that I have worked my way up to 45 minutes on the elliptical.  It should be stated that I am not one of those people who loves to exercise, so this is a huge deal for me.  While I do like to go hiking, I generally look at exercise the way many people look at shots.  Still, I can't complain too much.  My elliptical has a little ledge that's perfectly sized for my Kindle, so at least I get some quality reading time while I'm working out!

I also just have to give a general Woo Hoo for this summer--though I could do without all this awful heat.  Still, I've already been on a trip to the beautiful Traverse City with my family, and we had an amazing time.  I'll also be going there again in a matter of weeks with just my husband, so I am really looking forward to that!  In addition, we spent some time in Oscoda, right on Lake Huron.  Michigander that I am, I always love to pay homage to the Great Lakes.

As if the vacations weren't enough, my husband and I are going to two concerts within a matter of days of one another.  First up is Cold Play, followed six days later by Train, one of my all-time favorite bands.  We just saw Train last summer, but as soon as I saw they were touring again, I was all over those tickets.  Hey, they released a new album and they are just awesome in concert.

That about covers it for me this week.  Hope the rest of you are having plenty of Woo Hoo moments this summer!