Monday, December 17, 2012

Monday Musings: Back in the saddle

While spending the last week on the couch did wonders to make me feel better, it really did nothing for my email inbox or any of my other online obligations. So I apologize for the disappearing act and will try hard to catch up.

Despite my sinus infection's attempts to beat me into a pulp, I did manage to remain productive last week, doing some more edits on my Kindle, so my schedule for Phoning It In is still a go. I'll be hitting "publish" by December 22, for sure. The closer it gets, the more excited I am, because I'm really looking forward to seeing what readers think of the novel. Depending on how it does, I'm even thinking about doing a sequel of sorts, though I'd focus on one of the secondary characters.

I've got some big things coming up over the next couple of months. First up, I'll be featuring an interview exchange with T.S. Welti. Early in 2013, I'll be participating in a group speculative fiction promo. During that promo, The Eye of the Beholder will be one of 18 books available for $0.99. I'm also looking at expanding my use of Google+, and setting up a mailing list so that I can keep fans up to date on new releases, as well as offer some extra goodies such as members-only giveaways, character naming contests, exclusive excerpts, etc. Stay tuned for more details on that.

So there's a brief post to bring you up to speed on what's coming up. Once Phoning It In has been published and I take a break from working on novels, the blog will return to regularly scheduled programming and will feature some book reviews, etc. I'm looking forward to getting back into the swing of things!