Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Woo hoo Wednesday: I can use my kitchen sink!



It's time for another Woo Hoo Wednesday, a day to celebrate those small victories in life!

So last week ended in a bad way.  We kept smelling this disgusting odor and discovered, to our horror, that our garbage disposal was backing up into our basement sink.  There was water and bits of food all over the counter, the sink, and the carpet (our basement is finished).  Needless to say, this was not a happy discovery.  To make a long story short, after paying a couple hundred dollars to a plumber and renting a machine to clean the carpet, the problem is now resolved and we can use our kitchen sink and dishwasher again.  Plus, we were worried it would be a MUCH more expensive repair, so we were very relieved to be wrong about that.  Woo hoo for functional plumbing!

An absolutely ginormous woo hoo goes out to this fabulous weather.  It's in the upper 70s here, so all the windows are open, and I am very much enjoying the fresh air.  It's nice to have what I'm pretty sure is one last glimpse of good weather before we get slammed by winter.

Woo hoo for the return of my favorite TV shows!  Jürgen and I are rabid Fringe fans, and I'm really into the setting of the show this year.  One of my favorite things about the show is how much it's evolved.  Every season has been different, and that's a good thing.  We also love Person of Interest, which is just a lot of fun to watch as it's action packed and has some great characters.  I tend to be really picky about TV shows, so I'm glad to have a couple that I'm really into.

Lastly, woo hoo for Groupon!  Thanks to it, I bought myself a nice spa package and got to experience the works.  It's nice to get a good pampering every now and then, and I really enjoyed having a nice stretch of time all to myself.

That's it from me this week.  Hope you're all enjoying a week full of woo hoos!