Saturday, December 29, 2012

Epic Disaster Corrected: Phoning It In Has Been Fixed

The panic hasn't entirely subsided yet, but the updated version of Phoning It In has gone live. If you've already purchased a copy, or if you downloaded it during the free run and you have only the first five chapters, you can get the updated file so that you have the entire book by following these steps:

1. Delete the book from your device.
2. Log on to your Amazon account.
3. Up at the top right of the screen, it will say: "Hello, <yourname> Your Account". If you hover your mouse over this, you'll see a drop down menu appear.
4. Click on "Manage Your Kindle".
5. You'll now have a list of all your Kindle books. Find Phoning It In on the list and hover over the box at the far right that says "Actions".
6. From there, you can choose whether to download the file to your PC and transfer via USB, or you can send the file directly to your device.

If you follow these steps, once the updated file is on your device, you should have access to the complete novel. There is no charge for updating books you already own. If there are any problems whatsoever, I'd appreciate readers letting me know either via e-mail at nicolecbooks@gmail.com or on any social media.

I've requested that Amazon send a notification to everyone who has the book letting them know that there's an updated version of the book, but their response to me indicated it could take up to four weeks for this to happen. For obvious reasons, I don't want to wait for that.

I want to apologize once more for this problem. I'm worried sick over it, and I'm determined to do everything I can to ensure that everyone who has already downloaded the book will get an updated copy.