Thursday, March 7, 2013

Announcement: Expanded distribution and my leg woes

As some of you may have noticed, I haven't been doing much blogging lately. This is due to my having torn a leg muscle in a very stupid way while exercising. Today will be my first session of physical therapy to help me recover from the injury, and I'll need physical therapy twice a week for four weeks.

The good news is that, while the injury will take a while to heal, I should eventually get back to normal, and it's not stopping me from working. The bad news is sitting in my desk chair results in a lot of pain when I have to get up and move around. Because of this, I've been limiting my desk time to concentrating on my writing, so I've been neglecting everything but that.

However, because I've been intensely focused on my books, I've been working hard to start extending my distribution now that my exclusivity clause is expiring, and I'm very happy to announce that Contributor is now available on Kobo and Barnes & Noble, in addition to Amazon. My exclusivity clauses on every book expire at various times throughout the month, so Phoning It In and The Eye of the Beholder will also be available at multiple vendors by the end of this month; I'll keep you posted as the books go live at the other stores.

Along with expanding the distribution for Contributor, I've also got a new cover design in the works. I absolutely love the original cover, but I think it may not make it clear that the book is a young adult book, so I'm going to try different cover art to see if that helps better convey its genre.

One last tip: last week I kicked off something fun that I'm calling Free Book Fridays. It means exactly what it sounds like it means: I give some of my readers free books. Tomorrow will be another Free Book Friday, so keep your eyes peeled. How do I decide who to give books to, you may wonder? Well, rumor has it that being on my mailing list could have something to do with it. Sign up here if you haven't yet joined--I've also got some member-exclusive promotions coming up down the line. I've also been known to drop in on Goodreads and take a look at those who have my books shelved. (And a note about Goodreads: as I expand my books into other markets, I'm also updating Goodreads to reflect this, so that the following editions are listed: Kindle, Nook, and Kobo.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like the free exchange of thoughts and ideas, but I reserve the right to delete any comments that I deem inappropriate, whether those comments are directed at me or others who have commented. Be polite and respectful, please.