Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Why Sci-Fi?: Introducing Saul Tanpepper and Anna Kyss

Welcome to day two of Sci-Fi Spotlight week!  I've teamed up with a great group of indie authors of science fiction, and we're running a promo from now until November 30.  You can snag 15 books for free and another 15 books for a mere 99 cents.

Today, it's my pleasure to introduce you to two other authors.

Why Sci-Fi for Saul Tanpepper?


"I love Stephen King’s works. So when a fan of mine asked why I write sci-fi, my natural response was to say I write horror.

“Computer codes, viruses, hacking,” she countered. “Hi-tech, biotech. Nope, GAMELAND is definitely sci-fi. Cyberpunk. Even biopunk.”

She was right. My past life in tech informs my writing. It’s therefore unsurprising that dystopias and the Undead populate my stories. Zombies are highly metaphoric of human overreaching. I guess I prove the old adage, “Write what you know.”

Which is horror science fiction."

You can get a copy of Failsafe for only 99 cents this week, and you can also pick up a copy of the first episode of the Gameland series, Deep Into the Game for free!

For more on Saul and his books, like him on Facebook, follow him on Twitter, become a fan on Goodreads, and check out his blog.

Why Sci-Fi for Anna Kyss?



"I never imagined myself a science fiction writer until I stumbled upon near-future novels. Dystopian literature fascinates me: the myriad of ways that we could destroy our world, the frightening extremes that governments could go to, the questions raised about existence itself. The vast majority of dystopic worlds depict stark, destroyed urbanscapes, which led me to wonder… What if the setting of the dystopian occurred in nature—a false utopia of sorts, in which the beauty of the location hid the secrets of the society? From that single question, Cerulean was developed. And another science fiction writer was born."

Cerulean is only 99 cents this week!

For more on Anna and her books,like her on Facebook, follow her on Twitter, and check out her website.