Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Why Sci-Fi?: Introducing T.S. Welti and Cate Dean

Welcome to day three of Sci-Fi Spotlight week!  I've teamed up with a great group of indie authors of science fiction, and we're running a promo from now until November 30.  You can snag 15 books for free and another 15 books for a mere 99 cents.

So, without further ado, here are today's authors:

Why Sci-Fi for T.S. Welti?


"Since I was very young, I've always loved sci-fi films and dystopian novels. Some of my favorites include Minority Report, The Matrix, The Giver, Brave New World, and 1984. More recently, some of my favorites have become Inception, Wool, and Delirium. However, I was never a big fan of high-tech science fiction. I often felt myself overwhelmed or bored with the technology. When I set out to write Darklandia, I set out to bridge the gap between a futuristic sci-fi film and dystopian fiction. I can't tell you how weird it feels, seven months later, to read the reviews and see my book being compared to so many of my favorite films and books."

You can pick up a copy of Darklandia for only 99 cents!

For more on T.S., like her on Facebook, follow her on Twitter, or check out her website.

Why Sci-Fi for Cate Dean?



"I grew up reading what is now called speculative fiction: fantasy, epic fantasy, sci-fi, the paranormal and the supernatural. So it was no surprise that I ended up writing that type of book. Though I head more in the direction of the paranormal and fantasy, I LOVE time travel stories. I consider those sci-fi, because they involve some kind of science, however farfetched. Choices is my first foray into time travel, originally written for a contest. It is a story of redemption, forgiveness, and making choices that change . . . well, you’ll have to read the story to find out. ;)  Thanks for hanging out with me, and until next time – read on."

You can pick up a copy of Choices for free!

For more on Cate, like her on Facebook, follow her on Twitter, become a fan on Goodreads, and check out her website.